Whether you’re brand new to your Washington apartments or have been living here for a while, we know you want to make your apartment feel like home. In fact, some of the biggest Google and Pinterest trends right now are how to update your apartment on a budget. People are trying to be productive at home and want to make their apartment feel brighter and a positive living space.
Here are 8 of our favorite tips and hacks for updating your apartment on a budget:
- Add plants. You can add a pretty planter to your balcony or just sprinkle in a little green in a few rooms in your apartment home, and you’ll immediately notice a difference. Even your local grocery store will have a few planters to choose from or find your nearest Houston nursery.
- Add some art. This seems like a no-brainer, but get creative with the kind of art you add to your apartment and where you add it. For instance, the bathroom is a great place to add art or put a fun bath mat in, and that is a quick and usually affordable way to update your Washington apartment in no time.
- Believe it or not, cleaning your Washington apartment goes a long way with updating it and seeing a noticeable change. It can be something simple like cleaning the grout or washing your windows to let that natural light in. This also goes for decluttering and getting rid of stuff you don’t need. The more space you have, the ore open your home will feel.
- We love the wood flooring in our living rooms, and adding rugs is a great way to spruce up your home. Not only just a rug, but consider the trend of overlapping rugs. Take a larger rug for the base using a solid color or small pattern, then add a smaller size on top of that. It’s always fun to play around with this until you love the look. Take some photos and send to your friends to get their opinion. Speaking of your friends, don’t forget you can get free money by referring friends and family to The Jackson Hill. Tell them how much you love your Washington Ave. apartments and they should come in for a tour. All they need to do is add your name to their application and if they lease here, you’ll get a referral bonus!
- Instead of hiding and storing everything, see what can be used as décor. For example, if you have a lot of long necklaces, get a necklace rack and hang them from the bathroom. Not only are they easier to find, they make for a beautiful display. The same goes for your favorite Houston sports jerseys or signed footballs or even Houston Texans throws. Instead of putting them in a closet, can you display them on your couch so it’s doubly functional? Cutting boards are another great design hack as they are a functional kitchen item, but if you have a beautiful cutting board, there’s no need to hide it away in a cabinet.
- Along the lines of #5, get creative with your storage. Grab some nice baskets to store things and utilize spaces like under the bed to hide things, but still have easy access. Do you have a lot of blankets for nights of binge-watching your favorite shows? Neatly stack them in a basket in your living room, with one slightly hanging out. It’s functional, but still décor.
- Add a mirror. Mirrors are great for making spaces look bigger. Luckily our Washington Ave apartments are already pretty spacious, but it’s a great way to add some dimension and open up your floor plan. You can grab any size mirror or even stack a few on top of each other for another piece of functional art.
- Floating shelves are another great investment, especially if you’re limited on floor space. Whether you have a lot of photo albums, knickknacks, or books, floating shelves are a great way to spruce up a space, while keeping it personal to your favorite things.
Stop by our Washington apartments and check out one of our 11 spacious floor plans. Visit us at 320 Jackson Hill Street or call us at 713.802.1100 and ask about our current summer leasing specials and availability. We have some apartment homes with immediate move-in availability, and we know you’ll love our Washington apartment neighborhood.